Friday, July 04, 2008

The Empty Room

They say that in times of mortal danger the human body just shuts its self down, to preserve its-self. It is not exactly voluntary you see; that switch (as I call it) is involuntary. According to me the same holds true mentally also.
So in a way you can guess what happens when the storm comes to drown me. It shuts down; it becomes pitch black in the room. However, there is something to be learnt from the darkness too; in the absence of light you get a level of solitude that is unprecedented. The room though full of things (I brought in many things, a lot of memories, of a time when it was nice, I believed that it is best to hold on to memories as they are the only things that do not change even though the people in them might… but I was so mistaken) becomes empty, with out the light there is nothing, nothing what so ever, just an empty space. (Try it for yourself, blindfold yourself, what do you see? Nothing, Try switching of the lights at 3 in the morning what do you see? Nothing…) the darkness helped me once long back, I look to it again and hope that, she too has not forsaken me.
Now for survival, I cling on to all that I can, and let go of all that I can…. There is much to be learnt from the absence of light and the empty room.
Its time to wipe the slate clean, and barricade my self in...….

No comments: