Friday, April 28, 2006

The First


I believe that every living entity on this overloaded planet has feelings.....
And by feeling I mean feelings not state of mind.. cause I feel the two are slightly if not entirely apart. Feelings are emotions, and sensations, and they are different from thoughts, beliefs, interpretations, and convictions…. Which I feel are related to the state of ones mind….
Bear in mind that I am currently addressing mental and subconscious feelings and not the physical ones.
There are countless feeling which plague the human mind. Which in turn, gives rise to different mind sets. But for this post I refer to the first of the “unnamed ones” ….
Ever walk down a busy lane and felt heart wrenching sadness/pity for the barefooted limping beggar who every one ignores as he makes way across the road which is blistering hot (which sometimes back you thought is so @#$%ing hot that you could fry eggs on it!!), huh? if yes did you feel like helping him? If yes did you do any thing? if no then you have never experienced the feeling this post is abt. But to those of you who did help him… I commend you. No word no statement can ever come close to describing the elation you feel when he cries on your shoulder and tells you “thank you may you live long” (rough English translation)
For the record I must add that when I saw the forlorn man I rushed into the nearest shoe store and got him the bata slippers… ( I felt it will make a small if not big impact on the man and at that time the road was really hot …..)
The sense of gratitude was overwhelming and I felt warm and happy inside… to have acted out of the blue and touch a person in need with out feeling conscious of the people watching you and passing judgment.. is to have experienced the first and the most moving one of the unnamed feeling…..
(to be continued….)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow wumpus I see you are much more than what we have been giving you credit for ... though i suspected this for a long time ... great going ... we are all proud of you!!!!!

BKJ said...

dude good work man... jus waiting for the to be continued part .. make it soon

R.Eashwar Ramu said...

great one da..